Situated on a rocky outcrop, the Château du Pierrail looks over a valley in wich the river Fonchotte meanders. This small river rises in the estate and flows into a 3 hectares lake situated in woodland in the middle of the property.
This fine château of classic design, Mansart roofed, has a facade flanked by two towers.
It was built in the 17th century by the Segur family on the site of an older middle ages château.
From 1782 and more than a century the property was owned by the Barons de Brianson, and large portraits of the family as cavaliers are hung in the main salon of the château.